Sunday, May 30, 2021

Overcoming Worst - Case Scenario Thoughts

Many of us and I include myself here tend to jump to the worst-case scenarios without even considering all the realistic options available to us at the moment. We do it because we try to convince ourselves that we're preparing for the perceived worst-case situation. But all we actually end up doing is ruminate over negative emotions and ignore any positive possibilities.
I used to do this until I literally hacked my subconscious and replaced Catastrophic thinking which reduces our ability to respond in a rational way. Now, I no longer obsess about what might possibly happen in the future.
As for myself, I have come to a new familiar and safe card and that is through working on my subconscious. If we are alive this moment is all we have.
We cannot change the past - it is over. We cannot control the future - it is not here so ... Uncovering the preconceived notions you have about the potential consequences of the difficult situation and objectively will evaluate how much of it you can control. Replacing our fears with trust, and learning to let go of the things we cannot control is the new safe card we all could have if we work at it.
~Collitalks

No comments:

Post a Comment