My blog celebrates the life journeys of us as women and is intended to inspire female readers to take a leap of faith---to courageously and deliberately seek personal transformation as we move through the various stages of our lives. As Women we constantly desire to know how to develop deep, juicy spiritual, emotional and physical lives throughout our whole lifespan.
Wondering where the playfulness has gone from lovemaking, the deep intimate sharing in the bedroom, the pleasure you used to feel in your body?
Energetic sex (or energy-based sex) is a little known secret that I have recently discovered. Yes, it is something you need to learn from a teacher, or a book, but I thought it would be interesting to share what it is because just reading about it can bring something to your love-making that perhaps you don’t even know you are missing.
Energetic sex is not the practice of having sex with lots of acrobatics or jumping all over the bed and twisting yourselves up into pretzels to penetrate. Quite the opposite: energetic sex is the subtle practice of harnessing your inner feminine or inner masculine (not gender specific) and using your energy body to communicate with your partners’ energy body. Imagine that outside of your physical body you have an invisible energy body. Now imagine your energy bodies making love.
This mysterious and deep practice is one that assists us in healing the inner masculine and inner feminine aspects of ourselves. To put this simply, we all have masculine parts and we all have feminine parts. What is very clear to me is that the inner masculine and feminine aspects (and in psychotherapy we call it our Internal Family or “parts”) need to be in a healthy balanced relationship internally before we are able to create a healthy sustainable relationship externally.
We truly cannot give what we do not have. So for those that are seeking partnership and feel like it eludes you; or for those of you in relationships that are not meeting your needs or your days are filled with resentment and strife, the place to look is inside (and I am not saying that what your partner is doing/saying is not triggering you.)
This deep spiritual practice and a psychological healingwill powerfully support you in generating a beautiful alive relationship on the outside and a peaceful feeling on the inside.
Cuddle Party Facilitator, Monique Darling says, “Regardless of what belief system you subscribe to, our bodies are giving off signals. These cues and clues can be read and tracked with practice, especially during sex! Engaging these subtle and powerful energies, and interacting with them in a focused state, can make for a deeply transformative experience.”
10 Energetic Sex Practices to get you started:
1. Sit face-to-face and look into each others’ eyes.
2. Breathe in and out together.
3. Whether you believe it or not, know thatyou have an energetic body outside of your physical body.
4. Monitor the cues to arousal that you feel – what do you notice when you feel excited about something? Turned on?
5. Breathe alternating inhaling and exhaling (one of you breathes in, while the other breathes out.) Get close and do this.
6. Imagine, without touching, that your partner is moving towards being inside you.
7. Alternatively, imagine without touching, that you want to be inside your partner.
8. Decide who will receive (feminine aspect) and who will give (masculine aspect.)
9. Feel what it feels like to embrace only one aspect of yourself fully.
10. Sit with your partner and allow yourself to make love without touching.
There is more pleasure available to you than you realize. Learning and practicing using the subtle energies in your body will open up your capacity for play, healing, deep intimacy and a divine connection that you may be longing for.